Accu-SPINA Spinal Decompression
Spinal decompression is a process that slowly stretches your spine to reduce pain and improve mobility. It also relieves pressure on the discs that cushion your vertebrae. Bulging or herniated discs exert pressure on the nerves and other structures in your spine, leading to back pain and immobility.
Spinal decompression promotes the flow of oxygen, water, and fluids rich with nutrients into injured areas of the back to improve the condition of your spine. Nonsurgical spinal decompression uses motorized tools to apply controlled pressure and traction on your spine. Accu-SPINA is an example of a nonsurgical spinal decompression tool used by the chiropractic professionals at Park Brothers Pain Clinic serving residents of Glenview and Schaumburg.
What is Accu-SPINA?
The Accu-SPINA system is a non-invasive non-surgical mechanized chiropractor treatment for low back and neck conditions. It is a unique method that delivers Intervertebral Differential Dynamics (IDD) therapy. It has features like patented oscillation capability, computer control, multi-parameter research capability, and more. Accu-SPINA offers patients the following benefits:
- Slow and consistent stretch controlled by the computer
- Safety and precision to distract targeted spinal segments
- Opens intervertebral disc space from around 5 to 7 mm
- It has a sinusoidal waveform which reduces risks of spasm as opposed to a Linear traction pull
- Advanced economic analysis to promote patient comfort and safety
- Visual analog scale, Oswestry disability index, and patient data tracking
The use of technology like the Accu-SPINA is better than manual therapy because it can offer the necessary force for spinal decompression. Patients need a force equivalent to half of their body weight for spinal decompression. Therefore, the Accu-SPINA offers better and long-term effects.
Benefits of Spinal Decompression
Here are three main benefits of spinal decompression.
Effective and Non-Invasive
Surgical decompression is a non-invasive treatment for various issues including degenerated or herniated discs. Which has lower risks and is a great alternative to surgery.
Spinal Decompression Can Ease Various Spinal Conditions
Spinal decompression can help relieve various issues including:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Bulging discs or herniated discs
- Worn spinal joints (posterior facet syndrome)
- Diseased or injured spinal nerve roots
Relieve Spinal Pressure
Spinal decompression involves stretching your spine. Therefore, it can improve its flexibility posture and quality of life. Between the depression to allow finding nutrients to nourish the disc.